La Ventana is famous for it’s strong, consistent wind from November to April, attracting people from around the world to enjoy wind sports in the beautiful Sea of Cortez.
- Windsurf and kiteboard gear rentals are also available next door
Evolution Kiteboarding School
- Kite boarding lessons are available on premise for our guests with Evolution Kiteboarding
- Jayeson and Isabel, both IKO certified instructors, will get you ridding happily and safely!
Ocean Rodeo Demo Center
- Mako twintips
- Stick shift control bar
- Prodigy, Roam, and Flite kites
- Duke and Jester directional boards
Stand Up Paddleboards
The mornings are usually calm on the Sea of Cortez and ideal for a flat water paddle. SUP’s rentals available next door and sea kayaks are free of charge on the property.
La Ventana is quickly becoming a hot spot for mountain biking in Mexico with over 100km of scenic desert mountain bike trails. Leave right from the door and be on the trails within 10 minutes in both directions. Mountain bike rentals are available close by.
Our neighbours offer daily fishing excursions including spearfishing out to Isla Cerralvo and beyond. The sea of Cortez is renowned for it’s abundant and diverse marine life. Jacques Cousteau called it “The World’s Aquarium”.
Other fun things to do
- Whale watching
- Surfing on the Pacific side
- Hiking the desert trails
- Participating in open mike sessions
- Enjoying the authentic Mexican restaurants and music events